Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between a Sales Representative and a Real Estate Agent?

A Sales Representative holds a “Statement of Attainment” OR a “Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) CPP40307”, and is employed by an Agent.

An Agent holds a “Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) CPP40307” AND a “Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) CPP50307”. The Agent runs the business or franchise office and is responsible for the Trust Account.


How do I become a Sales Representative?

Study the Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) CPP40307 which is 24 units to receive your Certificate. You will then be required to register as a Sales Representative with Consumer & Business Services. In South Australia you can study just 17 particular units out of the 24, but it is the industry preference for Sales Reps to have the full Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) CPP40307.

Contact the college and discuss your future.


How much does the Sales Representative course cost?

All prices are on application to the College as course costs can change - phone 8410 4990 or 0433 897 795.
We encourage you to discuss payment options with us.


What is a Traineeship?

A traineeship is where you find an Agent who will employ you under a "Contract of Training". This involves on and off-the-job training throughout a 6 to 12 month period.


How do I become a Property Manager?

Currently there are no licensing requirements to become a property manager in South Australia. However, Consumer & Business Services announced on 13th February 2018 that licensing will be implemented for property managers commencing in 2019.

Applications will start on 1st February 2019 and it will be compulsory for all property managers to be licensed by 28th September 2019. The RETC will be offering Property Management Certificates throughout 2018 so you can be assured you will be ready for licensing once it commences.

Please click here for further information

See our training calendar for course starting dates


Do I have to sit exams?

Each unit of study has assessments that must be completed to a satisfactory level. We will provide all the support and tuition needed to assist you to reach the necessary level of competence.


When does the next course start?

See our training calendar for course starting dates


Where is the Real Estate Training College located?

Level 5, 31 Franklin Street, Adelaide, South Australia