Careers In Real Estate


There is no “best way” to enter the real estate industry and it will depend upon your personal circumstances about which path you choose.

All our courses interconnect, so for example if you complete the Property Management Registration and then want to upgrade to the Certificate IV, you have already completed 9 of the 24 required units. Simply move into the next qualification as and when you need to further your skills.



5 Day Course for Property Managers 

This course is your key to becoming a licensed property manager.
You will come away with the knowledge and skills to excel in the industry.



For Sales Representatives and Personal Assistants

The industry preferred requirement to obtain your Registered Sales Representative License in SA. This allows you to work as a Real Estate Salesperson or Personal Assistant for an agency.



For Land Agents

The course to begin your journey into business ownership. The Diploma is the national requirement to obtain your Registered Land Agent License (RLA). This allows you to work as a sole trader, a franchise owner or run your own agency.




In South Australia a real estate professional must be registered and be granted a licence from Consumer and Business Services (CBS). For more information phone CBS on 131 882 or visit the CBS website.

You can register at the completion of your course, or you can alternatively obtain “in-training” registration.


In-Training Registration

You can register as a trainee if you are enrolled in the Certificate IV or Diploma courses. In-Training registration is conditional upon you committing to finishing your course within 12 months and being supervised by a land agent or a salesperson with 2 years experience.

Many students register while training so they can be operational during their study, and to avoid any waiting time upon completion of their studies and entering the workplace.

To register as a trainee you need to complete these steps:

  1. Enrol at the Real Estate Training College
    Enrol here, or in person, then get a letter from the College proving enrolment and payment of the course deposit
  2. Apply for a police check
    Do this online with National Crime Check or call 1800 080 095 or SMS the word "police" to 04888 50232
  3. Apply for “Sales Representative – In Training” registration at CBS
    Apply online, or in person at 91 Grenfell St Adelaide SA 5000, and supply the following:
    • Letter from the College proving enrolment and payment
    • Police check (see Step 2)
    • Photo ID or 100 points proving identity
      (Medicare card, bank cards, utility bill, etc.)
    • Application and Registration fee – see latest fees here

CBS will take a photo for your registration card when you register. The registration card will then be sent to your mailing address after it is granted. There is a cost to upgrade your in-training registration to full registration – see Fees (Amending License/Registration Conditions).


Registration On Completion Of Your Course

Register a for a Sales Representative licence online

Register a for Land Agents licence online

OR Register for either licence in person at Consumer and Business Services, 91 Grenfell St, Adelaide SA 5000

You will need to supply:

  • Certificate and academic record
  • Police check
  • Identification
  • Application and registration fee